Monday, April 1, 2019

Happy Birthday Jordan & Eric

When I envisioned this trip it was the calm warm climate I saw online and heard from friend who’ve lived here.  When we gotnherr last week we had the opposite. Gale force winds, cold, and rain.  Since we got here it’s been strangely cold and they got more rain this weekend than they didnthe entire winter!!!  Today was the first day that the sea was calm and we could take off our coats... and boy did we make the best of it!!!

Last night we didn’t even get to Malagá until 11pm.  I gave the kids some grace and told their teachers to start withering them because we are just all exhausted and a few most definitely will get to class late.  For the most part they were on time, but a few were late as I predicted.  While they were in class i prepared for a  quick birthday party for Jordan (who turned 17 while we were in Germany, and my son Eric who turned 10 today on April 1st) 










For the last 5 years I’ve missed my sons birthday because it’s during the spring break when I take my students abroad.  For the last few years Ive been able to celebrate Jordan’s bday with him.  This year I get the both of both worlds I’m thankful to be able to celebrate both of these awesome guys and to do so in Europe makes it even better.  

After singing happy birthday and eating our cake indent everyone home to eat and sleep.   We don’t have to be back at school until 5 so that gave everyone a good 3-4 hours to catch up on sleep.   Before getting myself to my own much needed sleep I took a student to the pharmacy for meds because he feels a cold coming on.  Also helped here and there with getting the newly arrived ladies get acquainted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment