Monday, April 1, 2019

Haggling in Morocco & sea sickness

After leaving the argon oil place we had a short while to shop in the market.  The vendors are extremely aggressive and swarm you trying to buy anything and everything.  It’s part of the culture to haggle, never except first offer... 








I promise I was looking for a magic carpet to help get more students here to experience the wonder of seeing the world.  



Once we were done shopping we headed to the port area where we caught our bus.  We could hear the 4:30 call to prayer... absolutely enchanting.  


Our boat left at 6pm but this time there were a lot more people and a lot more cars coming to Spain with us . The trip back was horrible the sea was rough and we were hitting huge waves caughting the ship to flying up and come crashing down.  It was a roller coaster times 1000!!! I’d say about 1/3 of the ship started throwing up.  First I hear our guide Vito start vomiting then many others, then the next thing I know I was next.  It was horrible.  There were many people who didn’t throw up, but everyone stepped off that boat green from nausea.  

This time our exit documentation was yellow in color and we had to fill out everything in a certain way.  I wish we could have spent more time in Africa but I truly believe this small taste of an amazing beautiful continent will make them hungry for much much more. 




No comments:

Post a Comment