Monday, March 26, 2018

Spanish classes, lunch, and nap time 

This morning I woke up to this delicious breakfast!  Parents your sons are coming back spoiled and you won’t be able to top it... sorry! LOL! 


After breakfast I went to the school/ community center and the Boys began classes around 9:20am.  Classes are being taught by Alex’s daughters Caroline and Karen. They told me that the boys are smart and hilarious and this is the most fun they’ve had teaching... I know this to be true, I feel the same way about them.  


In this picture our student in blue has everyone laughing about his frustrations with the language barrier and his host family... I give him 6 more days and he’ll be talking with ease. 

While the Dr Malik and the students took their Spanish classs I just hung out for a while I’m the open part of the school.  When they took their 11:00 break we all got some fresh air outside and chilled.  While outside we saw walking vendors, one was a guy walking by selling fish.  Most Colombians are Catholic and have given up meat/ beef for Lent so fish is currently in high demand.  



The streets of Cartagena are LIVELY.  Music is playing 19 hours a day.  Everyday is a party.  After the break the kids returned to class and I went home to take a nap!!!  Here at around noon everyone takes a midday nap.  People actually leave work to eat lunch at home then take a nap, usually an hour long.  My nap was shorter but great.  At 12:30 I met up with the boys after class and sent them home to eat lunch and also take a nap.  I told them to meet me back at the center at 3pm.  So we could start our community service project.  Here is a picture of Big Baby and his delicious lunch!!


Mrs Foster, I ain’t saying he’s NOT coming home... but I AM saying you and his dad may have to come here to drag him back to the US kicking and screaming... LOL!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment